Summary of Work
All services are provided by well-experienced, California Licensed Architect
- Licensed since 1987 in California,
- Working in the SF Bay Area since 1991,
- Licensed in Georgia first and from 1981-2005, and
- Multiple other states in that time period
- A 6-year Professional Master of Architecture degree from Georgia Tech
- A 2-year MBA in Real Estate (Development) from Georgia State
Fees & Contracts:
- No charge for the initial consultation.
- Contracted with the owners and in their interest only.
- Concerned with meeting your budgetary needs.
- Residential work, very small to large renovations, new or additions, single to multi-family
Extension to the rear of a Burlingame Bungalow, carrying through the same “look“ - Dutch Hips:
Single Family Home Addition at the top of Bernal Heights in San Francisco -
here’s the existing front:
And here’s the drawing of the addition, being constructed presently:
And West Side Elevation of the same:
A new home approved without one neighbor complaining in West Portal area of
San Francisco, on a 50% slope:
Modern Flats (3) on a hillside near the Castro area of San Francisco:
Modern (new) home on the hill overlooking Corte Madera, interior:
- Retail Shops
Educational Toy Store
- Restaurants of all types and sizesHumphry Slocombe Ice Cream, San Francisco:
Candy Bar, Wine & Dessert Bar, San Francisco:
- Educational Facilities
- Doctor’s Offices and Medical/Hospital
- and much more.
- Delightful Hand Sketches
- Drafting in AutoCAD
- Very good Illustrations
- Materials Research
- Notice of Violation work
- Code Research and Consulting,
- Due Diligence, including finding out what you can and cannot do from Planning and Building Departments with your property. For some properties, work with the Health Department or Public Works Departments is also required, and some state agencies for more complex work.
- Listen very well to my clients.
- Stay with the projects through permitting - I do the expediting - including dealing with Planning, Building, Health and Public Works Departments as needed.
- Can do Construction Administration when required.
- Have worked in a number of jurisdictions, although most of it is in San Francisco.
If you need:
- Structural, mechanical or electrical engineers, I work with a number of them and can refer you to them, for engineering or Title 24 Energy Calculations, required for most renovations or new structures.
- Funding, I have on occasion been able to find funding for clients.
Please feel free to contact me!
Janet Campbell, Architect (415) 261-2613
Sample Projects include:
1. Single family residential - new and renovations, large to small. See: http://campbellarchitects.blogspot.com/2009/07/residential.html
2. Multifamily residential. See Flats on post above.
3. Mixed use development. See:
4. Retail - all kinds, including Beauty Salons, but also lots of restaurant, markets and food service facilities (Canyon Market in Glen Park, Candy Bar at 1335 Fulton St.- the first Wine&Dessert Bar in the City, Fatt Dog, CIO renovations, and many others...including Cafes....) See: http://campbellarchitects.blogspot.com/2009/07/retail.html
5. Office. See: http://www.campbellarchitects.blogspot.com/2010/04/work-done-as-janet-c-campbell-employee.html
6. Recordings Studios and Concert Venues. See:
7. Hotel, Educational (not only classrooms and athletic facilities, but also Piano School Storefronts!), Medical, Research, Transit and Industrial - and more!
8. Illustrations. See: